4. Melting heart
The melting heart pose is a great combination of opening your heart and chest area to vitalize and relax the whole body.
- Start on all fours. In case you feel some pain in your knees, put a blanket underneath you.
- Pull your hands forward. The hips should stay right above the knees.
- Gently sink your chest toward the mat.
- Stay in this pose for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Standing forward bend
The standing forward bend pose will wake and tone your hamstrings as well as soothe your mind. It also helps to strengthen the thighs and knees.
- Stand straight with the feet hip-distance apart and your hands on the hips.
- Inhale. While exhaling, begin to fold forward over the legs like a waterfall.
- Bend your knees to take any tension out of the lower back. Allow the head to hang heavy. Let the arms softly hang or take hold of the elbows on opposite sides. If it feels comfortable, you can press the palms against the calves.
- Slowly and slightly shift your weight forward onto the balls of your feet. You should feel the sensation in your hamstrings.
- Stay in the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Take a slight bend in the knees with your hands on the hips. Inhale and exhale to stand up.