Made with a small stalk of lemongrass, a stick of cinnamon and freshly ground nutmeg, this sugar free rice pudding is our new favourite dessert. Serve with a pineapple ginger compote flavoured with lemon zest. A delectable sugar-free rice pudding for all the diabetics with a sweet tooth and for those who wants to cut down on the calories!
How to make Sugar-Free Rice Pudding
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Cook Time:
- Difficulty Level: Medium
About Sugar-Free Rice Pudding Recipe: A delectable sugar-free rice pudding – for those of you who are wanting to cut down on the calories!
Ingredients Of Sugar-Free Rice Pudding
- For the rice pudding:
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml milk
- 3-4 lime leaves
- A small stalk of lemon grass
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 150 gms cooked long grain basmati rice
- 1-2 Cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- sugar alternative
- For pineapple-ginger compote:
- 200 gms fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lime zest (approximately 1/2 lime)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- sugar alternative
How to Make Sugar-Free Rice Pudding
- Prepare rice pudding:
- 1.Combine coconut milk and milk in a saucepan with lime leaves and a small stalk of lemon grass, cinnamon stick, nutmeg and cardamom pods in a 3-4 qt. saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2.Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Strain the milk into another saucepan.
- 3.Add cooked rice continuously stirring to combine.
- 4.Return mixture to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring often, until rice has absorbed much of the milk base and pudding has thickened. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare pineapple ginger compote:
- 1.In a hot pan, add the butter. Once the butter melts add the chopped pineapple, cook in the butter till soft.
- 2.To this, add the ginger, lime zest, sugar free and lime juice. Mix all the ingredients together until it reduces to a nice thick consistency.
- 3.Spoon warm pudding into bowl and top with the pineapple and ginger compote.
Key Ingredients: coconut milk, milk, lime leaves, A small stalk of lemon grass, cinnamon stick, cooked long grain basmati rice, Cardamom pods, fresh ground nutmeg, sugar alternative, fresh pineapple, butter, ginger, lime zest (approximately 1/2 lime), lime juice, sugar alternative