This is my favorite pork recipe! (of course, because it’s sweet with garlic, how can you lose?)The time has come my friends, to enjoy pork chops like they have always been meant to enjoy. Tender. Juicy. Succulent. Does this sound like the pork chops that you ate growing up? Of course it doesn’t! Our parents had to cook the ever living heck out of pork and we ate shoe leather as children.
How to Make Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Stir together the soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, ketchup and brown sugar . Adjust this mixture to taste, some people like more ketchup along with the brown sugar. Once you have adjusted it to taste, move on to the next step.
- Place the pork chops in the bottom of a baking pan. Pour the sauce over the pork chops.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 °F.
- Remove and serve. The sauce is excellent on rice!
How to Cook Pork Chops Properly
- Now we can now cook pork to 145 °F. This means that unlike our Moms, we actually end up with a great pork chop pork chops instead of shoe leather.
- Now we can buy pork chops with a nice ring of fat around them…and the inner meat won’t be cooked into a dry circle of sawdust. Anyone else do that? The meat shrinks and the fat stays…it’s no wonder I gave up on pork chops.
- Now you can make all sorts of fancy sauces and cook pork chops QUICKLY! These babies cooked up in 25 minutes, talk about a fast dinner!
Tips & Tricks for Baking Pork Chops
Get thee to the store or Amazon and buy yourself a decent thermometer! We LOVE our Thermapen, it’s never let us down, has lasted for years upon years and was the one recommended by Consumer Reports as the most reliable and long-lasting thermometer. Yes, it’s pricey, but when you add up the price of over-cooked or ruined meals? It’s actually priceless.
Trust the USDA and please try to cook your pork at 145 °F! I know, I know, it’s really hard to get used to the fact that your pork might be pink. My mom just couldn’t deal with it the first time I made a nice, juicy PINK PORK roast hahaha! I still remember her shock and disgust! There is still a generation or two that just won’t cook it like that, but you should! Once you realize you can cook it like that and taste it? You are never going back again!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cuisine: North American
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 pork chops
Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
Stir together the soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, ketchup and brown sugar . Adjust this mixture to taste, some people like more ketchup along with the brown sugar. Once you have adjusted it to taste, move on to the next step.
Place the pork chops in the bottom of a baking pan, cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet of your choice. Pour the sauce over the pork chops.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 °F.
Remove and serve. The sauce is excellent on rice!
Nutritional facts will vary due to size of pork chops and products used.
To measure the temperature, insert the thermometer into the deepest part of the pork chop
Calories: 339kcal, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 89mg, Sodium: 752mg, Potassium: 636mg, Sugar: 30g, Vitamin A: 75IU, Vitamin C: 1.5mg, Calcium: 37mg, Iron: 1.4mg
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.