The crust simply requires mixing the ingredients and pressing them into a pie dish to chill in the fridge.
For the filling, you’ll blend your strawberry puree with the gelatin, whip the heavy cream, then fold the two together and pour into your crust to set.
Allow it to chill for about four hours, and you have yourself the perfect summer treat!
Keto strawberry pie without the crust
Even with the crust, this pie is very low carb. The recipe yields 8 slices, and each one has 7 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fiber. So each slice will have 4 net carbs.
However, if you want to lower the carbs even more, simply make the strawberry mousse pie without the crust!
If you divide the filling into 8 servings, each one will have 3 grams of carbs. There is no fiber, so the total carbs and net carbs will be the same.
Whether you enjoy this pie with or without the crust, it will make a delicious keto treat either way!
Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup finely ground pecans
- 1/3 cup protein isolate I used zero carb Isopure
- 3 tablespoons low carb sugar substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon monk fruit 30% extract
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 10 grams grass-fed gelatin about 1.5 packet
- 6 tablespoons water divided (3 cold, 3 boiling)
- 3 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon monk fruit 30% extract
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine all crust ingredients in 9 in deep dish pie pan.
- Stir in butter thoroughly then press evenly on bottom and sides of pan.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 3 tablespoons cold water to allow gelatin to soften. Add 3 tablespoons boiling water and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Set aside.
- If using frozen strawberries, heat them in pan or microwave until thawed. Add stevia and monk fruit to strawberries and puree with blender. Stir in gelatin mixture. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream with vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Then slowly fold in the pureed strawberry mix. Pour into chilled crust.
- Top with additional sliced strawberries if desired. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill until set, about 4 hours.
The crust requires about 1/3 cup sugar equivalent sweetener and the filling needs about 3/4 cup sugar equivalent such as Swerve or Sukrin.