Chocolate Covered Strawberries make such a special handmade gift for someone you love. They are perfect for holidays such as Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day, parties and showers and for giving to a close friend. They certainly make an impressive statement, yet they are so simple to make!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are an easy, elegant treat when entertaining. Get this simple recipe for chocolate covered strawberries you can make at home.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
Total Time: 7 mins
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, butter or shortening
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, top with a wire rack set aside. Wash strawberries and then pat dry with paper towels and arrange on the wire rack to completely air dry to make sure chocolate adheres perfectly.
- Heat chocolate chips and coconut oil (or butter or shortening) in microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on 50%. Stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate, making sure the strawberry is covered almost to the stem. Place chocolate covered strawberry onto parchment lined baking sheet and place into the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set. Store in the refrigerator. Best enjoyed within 48 hours.
For a large quantity, melt chocolate and coconut oil to an electric fondue pot, stirring until smooth. Keep chocolate warm while dipping all strawberries. Follow remaining directions for storing.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 34.9mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 0.5mg