Amazing vegan dessert, great for someone like me who is woeful at making desserts of any kind. This indulgent dessert is made with just three ingredients: silken tofu, dark chocolate, and maple syrup. The tofu provides a smooth and creamy base, and the dark chocolate adds decadence as well as antioxidants. I made some tonight and licked some off the spoon, and it was already delicious! I can’t wait to share it with my family!
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) roughly chopped dark chocolate (I used 70% dairy-free dark chocolate)
- 1 package (340 grams-12 ounces) organic silken tofu at room temperature, drained
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- chocolate shavings
- fresh mint
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the silken tofu and maple syrup in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Add the melted chocolate and blend until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into 3 ramekins or glasses, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with chocolate shavings, raspberries, blackberries and a sprig of fresh mint.
- Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days