I was shocked at how delicious and close these tasted to the key lime pie in Florida. They were amazing! They were perfectly moist and had the perfect amount of lime in them. I took them over to my parents for dinner and they couldn’t even wait to eat them. My hubby isn’t even a huge fan of key lime pie and loved it! It was so fun being able to remember all of the fun memories we made in the Keys with one delicious bite!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, crushed (about 12 squares)
- 3 T Sugar
- 3/4 stuck butter (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 egg whites beaten
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 T Lime zest
- 1/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
1. Crush the graham cracker squares in a food processor or place in a gallon size bag and roll with a rolling pin.
2. Add sugar and butter and mix into the crushed graham cracker.
3. Press 1 tablespoon graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a cupcake liner. I put 1 T in and then pressed down with 1/4 cup measuring cup. You have the option to bake this at 350 degrees for 8 minutes so that it can harden. I skipped this part and it turned out great!
4. In a sperate bowl, mix together egg whites, condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, and greek yogurt. Mix well.
5. Fill the cupcakes about 3/4 of the way full with the mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool.
6. Top with whip cream and garnish with lime if desired. Store in the refrigerator.