Mexican-Style Hot Dogs in Lettuce Wraps A jumble of veggies and black beans put a much fresher spin on hot dogs.
How To Make Mexican-Style Hot Dogs in Lettuce Wraps
(Makes 6 hot dogs)
Note: If you’re preparing these to take to the table on a serving dish, spoon your toppings over each hot dog, then use cooking string (or a festive, thin ribbon) to loosely tie the leaves together. Allow each guest to unwrap their individual hot dog.
- 6 hot dogs, cooked
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces (about 1 heaping cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- sour cream, to dollop (optional)
- salsa, to spoon over the hotdogs (optional)
- cooking string or thin ribbon
- Place one cooked hot dog in the center of a lettuce leaf.
- Spoon the remaining ingredients over the top and enjoy.