A perfect combination of celery with other vegetables to create a filling bowl of soup. When your stomach starts to rumble, you need a snack that can curb your hunger without blowing your blood sugar. And did you know: 1 large stalk of celery only has 10 calories? It sure is a good addition to soup, pairs perfectly with other greens, high on nutrients and low on calories.
How to make Low Fat Celery Soup
- Chef: Divya Burman
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Cook Time:
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Not all versions of celery soup are low in calories but you can opt for the one made with broth. One large stalk of celery has only 10 calories, making it a good addition to soup when you are trying to lose weight. Combine celery with other vegetables to create a filling bowl of soup that is low in calories, but high in nutrients.
Ingredients Of Low Fat Celery Soup
- 2 Cups Celery (diced)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 4 Cups Chicken stock (with cubes or chicken powder)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Low Fat Celery Soup
- 1.In a large saucepan, heat butter till bubbly.
- 2.Add garlic, ginger, onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 3.Add the chopped celery and cook for 5 minutes
- 4.Now add the stock.
- 5.Reduce heat and cover it. Let it simmer for 10 minutes till the celery is tender.
- 6.Add salt and pepper. Mix
- 7.Now add milk. Taste for salt.
- 8.Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- 9.Puree the mixture and then return to pan to rewarm stirring it till well combined.
Key Ingredients: Celery (diced), Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Chicken stock (with cubes or chicken powder), Salt, Milk, Freshly ground black pepper