Simple and speedy, this butter chicken recipe is brimming with flavours and shockingly sans the butter. Relish the popular butter chicken without even consuming butter! Cook this for a dinner party paired with a parantha, naan or rice and keep your guests guessing. Take a spoonful and you or your guests won’t even be able to tell the difference!
Low Fat Butter Chicken Recipe
How to make Low Fat Butter Chicken
- Recipe By: Food Blogger Divya Burman
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Cook Time:
- Difficulty Level: Easy
About Low Fat Butter Chicken Recipe: Here is the recipe of a low fat butter chicken. It’s not at all rich but is yummy and quick to make. Get the flavors of butter chicken without any butter.
Ingredients Of Low Fat Butter Chicken
- 400 gms chicken chunks, sliced
- 4 large onions
- 2-3 Cinnamon sticks
- 4 Cloves (laung)
- 2 Tej pata / bay leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 Cardamom
- 5-6 large red tomatoes
- to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli or more if you want it really spicy
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp haldi / turmeric
- 3-4 Green chillies (slit from the middle and de seeded)
- for garnishing Fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup yogurt/curd
- 2 tsp oil
How to Make Low Fat Butter Chicken
- 1.Take a pan and put 2 tsp oil. Not too much cause there will be oil coming out of chicken as well.
- 2.Now add onion cut in long slices, cinnamon, tej pata, cardamom, garlic paste. Saute all this in oil nicely til the onion gets little brown.
- 3.close your gas and let the onions cool. Once they are little cool, churn / blend all this with chopped tomatoes and the curd / yogurt till you have a smooth paste.
- 4.Note: Do not wash the pan in which onion was cooked before and let the left over oil of onions be in the pan.
- 5.Now take the earlier pan and saute chicken in left over oil of onion.
- 6.After chicken is almost done, add the onion, tomato/curd paste with chicken and cook.
- 7.Add salt to taste, red chilli, coriander powder, haldi, green chillies.
- 8.Finally let chicken get cook until the oil comes out and starts floating on the top.
- 9.The color of the tomatoes should change to a nice red by now.
- 10.Garnish it with coriander before serving.
Key Ingredients: chicken chunks, onions, Cinnamon sticks, Cloves (laung), Tej pata / bay leaves, garlic paste, Cardamom, red tomatoes, salt, red chilli or more if you want it really spicy, coriander powder, haldi / turmeric, Green chillies (slit from the middle and de seeded), Fresh coriander, yogurt/curd, oil