This morning detox drink is made with fresh lemons, fresh ginger, turmeric and purified water. Adding a pinch of pepper (either black or cayenne) may help our bodies assimilate the nutrients of this lemon and ginger detox drink better and to aid in the detoxifying process.
These are some of lemon ginger tea benefits:
- Boosts immune system
- Rich with vitamin C and flavonoids
- Rich with potassium
- Balance body pH
- Aids digestion
- Natural diuretic
- Filters toxins from body
Healthy detox drinks are easy to make. For this lemon and ginger detox drink, I’ll typically make up a batch and pour the leftovers in mason jars to put in the refrigerator. Then I’ll either reheat it or drink it chilled throughout the day. Here’s how to make it:
prep time 5 minutes
cook time 30 minutes
total time 35 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 organic lemon cut into slices (I like the taste of Meyer lemons best)
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Turm the heat off and add the lemon, ginger and turmeric.
- Let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain and drink at room temperature or reheat (but don’t bring to a boil).