The omelet came out great. I was surprised by how flavorful it was considering that there was only salt and pepper, lol. But it was so delicious! I did have to whip my egg whites with a mechanicals whisk, which made it perfectly fluffy as well. As others have noted, Be patient with the egg whites and keep your heat low. I added some cheddar but would love to try with goat cheese next time. Don’t forget the chives. They give it a great flavor. Love this omelet! Keep the stove on low the entire time to ensure the best results!
for 2 servings
5 large egg whites
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, halved
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
fresh chive, chopped, for garnish
How To Make A Fluffy Omelet
- Separate the egg whites and the egg yolks in two separate bowls. You’ll only need 3 yolks, so discard the other 2 or reserve for another use.
- Whisk the egg yolks until they become homogenous and pale in color. Set aside.
- Transfer the egg whites to a large bowl and whisk until they triple in size and become white with medium peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg yolks into the egg whites until fully incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into a medium nonstick frying pan with a lid. Cook over medium-low heat until bottom of omelet has set, about 5 minutes.
- Lift up each side of the omelette and drop a tablespoon of butter underneath.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the top of the omelet has set.
- Remove the lid and season the omelet with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Fold the omelette onto a plate and sprinkle with chives.