Quick and simple Blackberry Buttercream Frosting. This blackberry buttercream frosting is so delicious! Plus, it has a very nice texture so you can decorate your favorite desserts and make them look amazing. You can replace the blackberries with other berries, like raspberries or blueberries. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen, defrosted)
- 8 oz. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar (more if necessary), sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, blend the blackberries until you get a puree.
- Using an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat the soft butter until completely smooth.
- Put in the blackberry puree and whisk until well mixed. Next, turn the mixer on low speed, and add in the sugar, gradually.
- Once all of the sugar has been applied, increase the speed on medium-high, and put in salt; whisk for 2 minutes.
- You are done! Frost your favorite cupcakes or cakes as desired.