Do you wish to make soup for your current familiy? This is Summer Corn Chowder of which you shouldtry out. This is perfect homemade soup great regarding for you. The ingredients listing, while a little within the long side, includes typically pantry items. Every one one of which is nutritious!
We adapted this recipe by this Summer Corn Chowder to make more tasty, which has gotten really a few raving evaluations. I hope you take pleasure in this place just as significantly.
How to make Summer Corn Chowder
These are the ingredients and instruction:
Summer Corn Chowder
Summer Corn Chowder – I freeze the last of the summer corn just for this soup. I stock up at the farm stand, take the corn off the cob and freexze in bags. Pull it out when you need to feel the sun on your face.
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and grated
- salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium to medium high heat. When the bacon is brown and crispy, take the bacon out and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Pour out most of the fat, leaving about 3 Tablespoons in the pan.
- Add the onion, scallions (reserving some for garnish), celery, pepper, and thyme.
- Cook the vegetables until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chipotle powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the half-and-half and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add the potato, and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, covered, until the potato is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Check for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as needed. Top with reserved bacon and scallions. Serve with crusty bread.