Do you wish to make soup for your own Partner? This is Corn and Cheddar Chowder of which you mayconsider. This is delicous homemade soup great regarding for you. The ingredients checklist, while a little around the long side, includes typically pantry items. Every individual one of those is nutritious!
My partner and i adapted this recipe through this Corn and Cheddar Chowder to make more tasty, which has gotten pretty a few raving opinions. I hope you take pleasure in that one just as substantially.
How to make Corn and Cheddar Chowder
These are the ingredients and instruction:
Corn and Cheddar Chowder
Corn and Cheddar Chowder – a rich and flavorful soup that is a perfect way to use the last of the summer corn.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chives (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy over medium-high heat. (I add a little water to mine, I know it sounds weird, but it cooks out and makes the bacon super crispy.) Remove from the pot and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onions and peppers to the pot. Cook for 10 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add the wine and let it cook out. Scrape up the bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the corn. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and cheese. Cook for another 5 minutes. Check for seasonings and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped chives and reserved bacon.