Best flapjacks we’ve made. My daughter blitzed the butter with a few oats first, so not to over mix, then added the rest, with the full 3 tbsp of golden syrup. Soft, delicious flapjacks, without the normal “break your teeth” issue.
Bake these four-ingredient flapjacks – they’re easy to make and ready in half-an-hour. Add chocolate drops, desiccated coconut or sultanas, if you like
- 250g jumbo porridge oats
- 125g butter
- 125g light brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp golden syrup (depending on how gooey you want it)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Put 250g jumbo porridge oats, 125g butter, 125g light brown sugar and 2-3 tbsp golden syrup in a food processor and pulse until mixed, but be careful not to overmix otherwise the oats may lose their texture.
- Lightly grease a 20x20cm baking tin with butter and spoon in the mixture. Press into the corners with the back of a spoon so the mixture is flat and score into 12 squares.
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown.