Beautiful and delicious lime pie with a blackberry swirl. This vegan key lime pie is best served cold. It’s so perfectly tart, creamy, and delicious. Simple to make, but beautiful to serve and even easier to devour and are a great treat for a warm day in September, or any time really.
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 to 6 hours, then drained
- 3/4 cup lite or regular coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup lime juice (3-4 large limes or 6-7 key limes)
- 1/2 cup agave sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, pureed
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and process until you achieve a fine meal. Then add melted Earth Balance and pulse to combine.
- Distribute evenly among muffin tins and press down to flatten. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender, except blackberry puree, and blend on high (or liquify) until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime zest/juice for more tart, or more agave for added sweetness.
- Pour filling into muffin tins and tap on counter to release air bubbles. Add a dollop of blackberry puree to each muffin tin and swirl with a toothpick to combine as desired.
- Freeze for 2 to 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer for 10 ti 15 minutes to thaw before serving. Will keep covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, though best when fresh.