This vegan gluten-free baked chocolate oats is really easy to put together and you can bake it in advance and warm it up for 5 minutes in the oven in the morning for a speedier breakfast. You can half the recipe if you’re only making it for yourself or double it and use an 8” baking tin to make a bigger portion. You can also go crazy with the toppings and add chopped nuts, dates, dried fruit or whatever else you fancy!
Serves – 2
- 100g (1 cup) FREEE Gluten Free Porridge Oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 235ml (1 cup) milk of choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/350F
- Mix together the oats, cocoa, baking powder and oats in a bowl, then add the mashed banana, milk, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Divide between 2 lightly greased ramekins and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, leave to cool slightly and enjoy!