Really, really nice. Easy to do and very tasty. Went down very well with both me and my partner. Such a quick and easy summer supper. Goes great with a nice little salad! Will definitely make this again.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- small handful basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g goat’s cheese, broken into chunks
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat grill to high. Crack the eggs, then separate the yolks from the whites into 2 bowls. Tip the Parmesan and most of the basil in with the yolks and season. Whisk the whites vigorously for about a min until light and fluffy, then, using the same whisk, beat the yolks with the Parmesan and basil. Finally, whisk the yolk mix into the whites.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and tip in the egg mix. Leave to cook for a min, then drop over the goat’s cheese and tomatoes. Place the pan under the grill for 5 mins until puffed up, golden, and set with only the slightest wobble. Scatter over the remaining basil leaves, then serve the soufflé omelette straight from the pan with salad.