Sugar-free vanilla pudding mix makes for a guilt-free pie. Toasted coconut flakes provide an attractive and flavorful topping; add a dash of coconut extract for some extra coconut flavor. Okay, from the first time I made this pie, I have had to make it every week for my husband.
Then I took one to work for someone’s birthday, now I have to make it for everybody’s birthday coming up! The dash of extract is the best tip, it really does enhance the flavor you want in this pie. his is awesome recipe, and I wish it hadn’t taken so long for me to decide to make it.
- 1 (9-inch size) pie crust, regular or graham cracker
- 1 package (large size) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup cold skim milk
- 1 carton (8 ounce size) light Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted and divided
- If using a regular pie crust, bake as per package or recipe directions. Let cool completely.
- Combine the vanilla pudding mix and milk in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until very thick.
- Fold in the whipped topping and all but 1/4 cup of the coconut.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Sprinkle the top of the pie evenly with the remaining coconut.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator and chill well before serving.