This is delicious. I served it with pulled pork and it was a really good combo. Fantastic dish! Had a couple of pork chops to use up and my son doesn’t like mustard, which every other recipe for pork seems to use! All the family absolutely devoured it. Could be used alongside any meat though and will definitely be cooking this again and recommending!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- handful basil leaves, torn
- 4 boneless pork chops
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, tip in the aubergine then fry over a medium heat for 5 mins until soft and golden. Pour in the vinegar. Once the bubbling subsides, stir in the sugar, followed by the tomatoes, basil and seasoning to taste. Stir well and cook over high heat for 5 mins, until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium and season the pork. Place the chops under the grill for 15 mins, turning halfway, until golden and cooked through. Serve the chops with the aubergines on the side.