These are absolutely delicious, I’ve made them several times now and they always turn out beautifully. A perfect accompaniment is stuffed baked apples (core apples and stuff with sausage meat, then bake in the oven on 180C [fan] for 25 minutes.) A firm favourite in our household. Quick and easy to make. I used the excess marinade juices for peppers,tomatoes and mushroom as well.. Very delicious!!!. Marinate these succulent pork chops in mustard, rosemary and garlic, then griddle for 10 minutes for a quick dinner. They’re also a great addition to a barbecue
- 2 tbsp mild mustard (preferably German, but French is fine)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fat garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves stripped
- 1 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 4 pork shoulder or spare rib chops, about 200g/8oz each
- Mix together the mustard, oil, garlic, rosemary leaves, vinegar and a little black pepper. Tip into a large food bag then add the pork chops. Rub together, seal and marinate for 3 hrs.
- Drain the chops of their marinade. This can then be squeezed out of the bag and mixed with a little cold water until runny. To cook on a griddle, heat the griddle pan until a good heat rises and cook for 10 mins, turning once or twice. As they cook, brush occasionally with the marinade juices. Remove from the heat and season with salt. To help the meat relax a little, leave it loosely covered with foil for about 10 mins before serving.