This Mint Oreo Cheesecake takes this classically rich favorite and gives it a refreshing mint twist. Made with a creamy peppermint-flavored center that’s stuffed with Mint Oreo pieces, a crisp Oreo cookie crust, a thick chocolate fudge ganache, and light and airy whipped cream, this dessert is a surefire showstopper!
A creamy Mint Oreo Cheesecake served on a crisp Oreo cookie crust and made with no waterbath required! Top it off with a dark chocolate ganache and whipped cream for a decadent mint and chocolate treat!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 25 classic Oreo cookies*
Mint Oreo Cheesecake
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract**
- 4 large eggs room temperature preferred
- Green food coloring optional (I recommend using gel food colorings as they are much more vibrant, I only needed 2 drops for this whole cheesecake)
- 15 broken Mint Oreos these should be broken into pieces, but not crushed into fine crumbs
Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- 1 1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Whipped Cream for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and wrap the outside of a 9″ springform pan with foil (this is to prevent any leaks). Set aside.
- To prepare the crust, place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted. Set aside.
- Place classic Oreos in a food processor and pulse until cookies are pulverized to fine crumbs.
- Pour cookie crumbs into melted butter and stir until well-combined. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of prepared pan. Set aside.
For Mint Oreo Cheesecake:
- In a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand-mixer), beat together softened cream cheese and sugar, scraping down the sides with a spatula occasionally to ensure ingredients are mixed well. (beat on medium-speed about 1-2 minutes, scraping down side occasionally).
- Stir in sour cream and extracts.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring until just combined after each addition (you don’t want to over-beat the eggs or the cheesecake will be more likely to crack).
- Stir in food coloring, if using, until color is even.
- Use a spatula to stir in Mint Oreos.
- Pour evenly into springform pan over Oreo crust.
- Bake on 350F for 40-45 minutes or until center is set but springs back to the touch (edges may just be beginning to turn golden brown).
- Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to refrigerator to chill completely (about 6 hours or overnight).
- Once cheesecake has cooled, prepare ganache (if using).
- Combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir frequently until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Allow ganache to cool for 10 minutes and then pour evenly over cheesecake. Allow ganache to set before topping with whipped cream (if using) and slicing and serving.
*You may substitute Mint Oreos instead, but I found that to be a bit too much mint flavor for me!
**I recommend using “peppermint” extract, as “mint” extract tends to have more of a spearmint taste