This is a very easy recipe and it looks fantastic, no cracked top, an even bake, but personally, far too rich for me. This was delicious and such an easy recipe to follow. I added some chopped stem ginger into the crumb which made it have a spicy tang. Definitely cook this again.
How To Make Luscious Lemon Baked Cheesecake
A simple but very impressive pud, light enough to have a slice to finish a big meal
- 225g digestive biscuit
- 100g butter, melted
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 600g soft cheese
- 2 eggs, plus 2 yolks
- zest 3 lemons, juice of 1
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 175g caster sugar
For the topping
- ½ a 284ml pot soured cream
- 3 tbsp lemon curd
- handful raspberries, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line the bottom of a 23cm springform tin with greaseproof paper. Tip the biscuits and melted butter into a food processor, then blitz to make fine crumbs. Press into the tin and chill.
- Whisk all the other ingredients in a large bowl until completely combined, pour into the tin, then bake for 35-40 mins until the cheesecake has a uniform wobble.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside until cool. When it is completely cooled, remove from the tin and top with soured cream. Swirl lemon curd over the top and decorate with raspberries, if you like.