I love how this recipe is so simple and straightforward. You don’t need to dirty a lot of dishes either. In fact, you’ll prep the crust right in the pie pan!
Preparing the low-carb crust
- Combine almond flour, sweetener, and salt in pie pan until well-combined. Then add melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until a dough forms. Then press the dough into the pie plate.
- Place the crust in the oven and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. Then remove the crust from the oven and place it on a rack to cool slightly.
Adding filling and baking the pie
- Beat together eggs, vanilla extract, ricotta cheese, coconut flour, and low carb sweeteners until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the slightly-cooled crust.
- Place filled crust back in the oven and bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes. You want the pie to be golden brown on top and mostly firm, although the center should still be a bit jiggly.
See? It’s easy as pie! You just want to cool or chill this wonderful treat before serving
If you want to make this recipe even easier (and lower the carbs), you can also make a ricotta pie without the crust. But make sure to line the pan before filling for an easier release.
Carbs and calories per serving
I like to cut my ricotta cheese pie into 8 slices. At that serving size, each slice is only 171 calories. It’s so rich, you’d expect it to be more!
Also, there are only 3.6 grams of carbs per slice, making it a perfect keto and low carb dessert.
If you make a crustless ricotta pie, these numbers will be even lower.
How long does ricotta pie last?
In my household, not very long! It’s one of my family’s favorite desserts.
But if you do have some leftovers, you can store the pie in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze ricotta cheese pie for up to 6 months.
Sweet Ricotta Cheese Pie – Gluten Free
This sweet ricotta pie is a delicious recipe that is a must try. Great to make during the holiday season or whenever your craving something rich.
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 55 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- Servings 8 slices
- Calories 171kcal
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour sifted
- 3 tablespoons low carb sugar substitute I used Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3/4 cup Swerve add more if desired; up to 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons low carb sugar substitute or 24 drops liquid stevia to help round out sweetness
- In deep dish pie plate, mix together almond flour, 3 tablespoons equivalent sugar substitute and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pour in butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix until dough forms.
- Press into pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Set on rack to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix 4 beaten eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ricotta cheese, coconut flour, 1 cup equivalent sugar substitute and 2 tablespoons other sweetener.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and firm.
The pie can be made without a crust if desired, but it’s best to line the pan or scoop the servings out.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or up to 6 months in the freezer.