This sandwich evolved from our spectacular Keto 90 Second Bread French Toast Recipe, which is superb all on it’s own. Another great option for a simple breakfast plate! This recipe is so simple and easy, definitely put the kids to work, because they will enjoy it with you!
You can substitute butter/oil for the bacon grease, but I highly recommend you try it with the grease! It is a delicious fat, that adds so much depth to the flavor.
Bacon is a wonderful option to add for this, or substitute for the sausage. I love to fix it up with both!
Keto Maple Griddle Sandwich Recipe
- Makes: 1 sandwich
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Servings: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 633kcal
- 1 – Keto 90 Second Bread French Toast Recipe
- 1 tbs Bacon Grease
- 1 tbs Coconut Flour by Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 tbs Psyllium Husk Powder by Healthworks
- 1 tbs Lakanto Confectioners
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbs Lakanto Maple Syrup
- 2 Turkey Sausage Patties
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Choose your microwave safe bowl or mug.
- Melt the bacon grease (or butter/oiuntil liquid.
- Add all dry ingredients and stir until no lumps.
- Add egg and syrup, mix until well incorporated.
- Microwave 90 seconds, remove and let cool slightly.
- Pop out the bread on a board and slice in half.
- Heat a fry pan with more grease or butter and toast the bread until browned.
- *Alternatively- this can be cooked in a mini waffle maker, in two batches*
- Cook the egg in a fry pan, or microwave in an egg dish.
- Melt the cheese over the egg.
- Assemble the sausage over top of the bread.
- Then add the egg/cheese and top with second bread.
Nutrition per serving (1 sandwich)
Calories 633, Total C 35g, Fiber 20g, SA 10g, Net C 5g, Fat 41g, Protein 30g
Serving: 1g | Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 41g | Fiber: 20g