These baked pork chops are the best oven baked pork chops ever. Why? Because of two special ingredients: mayonnaise and cheese. Mayo and cheese produce delicious natural pan juices that blend into the pork chops while baking, making them super juicy. You only need a few minutes of prep time to have tender baked pork chops.
HOW TO BAKE PORK CHOPS
For the juiciest oven baked pork chops, we will be using mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese and regular thin pork chops. The top of the pork chops crisps up nicely, and the mayonnaise imparts more flavor while keeping the meat moist. An oven temperature of 350 F. helps crisp the cheese on top of the pork chop (my favorite part).
FOR EASY BAKED PORK CHOPS, FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS:
- Place the pork chops in the oven proof skillet and add add a generous amount of seasonings.
- Slice onion thinly as shown below add add on top of the pork chops.
- Add mayonnaise on top of each pork chop. I used a total of 1/3 cup, but you can easily use as much as 1/2 cup.
- We want to spread the mayonnaise evenly over the surface of our pork chops.
- Now it’s time to add shredded cheddar cheese. Extra sharp cheddar!
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes until the cheese is melted on top.
Baked Pork Chops
Easy way to bake pork chops is with mayonnaise and Cheddar cheese!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 488kcal
- 1 lb. pork chops thin and boneless
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1.2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6-8 oz cheddar cheese yellow, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add pork chops to an oven proof skillet (cast iron, carbon steel or stainless steel). Season them with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Slice onion very thin and spread sliced onions over the top of the meat. Spread mayonnaise over the onions and then top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes until cheese is nice and crisp on top.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 512mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8.5% | Vitamin C: 3% | Calcium: 33% | Iron: 6.2%