This grilled pork loin kabobs are actually is so delicious. The sauce is amazing and I’m making this recipe for sure this weekend.These flavorful grilled pork loin kabobs are perfect for tailgating parties. They feature a sweet-and-spicy marinade that is irresistibly scrumptious. Make these tasty snacks one of your go-to pork loin recipes!
- 1 package Smithfield All Natural Boneless Loin Filet
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup cola
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce, or as desired
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional garnishes: fresh Italian Parsley (chopped) and wedges of lime
- Metal skewers or 9-inch wooden skewers
PREP: Read all of the “expert tips” below.
- Add pork marinade ingredients to a small bowl: ketchup, cola, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Add the hot sauce 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Whisk and taste test until desired heat has been reached!
- Remove pork from wrapper. On a cutting board, cut the meat in half width-wise. Using a sharp knife, cut the meat length-wise into very thin strips. Get them as thin as possible!
- Add the pork loin strips to a gallon-size zip-top bag. Roll down the sides a bit to give the bag more stability on your countertop. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade for later. Pour the rest of the marinade over the meat. Zip up the kitchen bag and refrigerate for 1 – 4 hours, or overnight.
- Thread the marinated meat onto metal or wooden skewers. Add two pork strips to each skewer. Place the pork kabobs on a tray. Brush them with marinade.
- Brush oil on the grill to prevent the meat from sticking. If needed, grill the kabobs in batches. Place the pork loin skewers over medium heat. Brush them with marinade, then discard the liquid. Grill for 2 minutes on the first side. Flip them over. Grill another 2 minutes. Continue flipping and grilling until they’re done. They take about 6 minutes to grill. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork loin to at least 145˚F, and then letting it rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Transfer grilled pork loin kabobs to a serving dish. Drizzle reserved marinade over the kabobs, or use the marinade as a dipping sauce. Sprinkle parsley, coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper over the meat.