I love to make these Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies all year round but especially for my families Easter brunch. They are so much easier to make than a traditional carrot cake and I know some of my family members like them plain and other’s like them with cream cheese frosting which makes these cookies the perfect Easter dessert that always makes everyone happy.
How To Make It
Frosted Carrot Cake Cookies that taste just like traditional carrot cake but in an easy-to-make cookie form. And it wouldn’t be carrot cake without a generous amount of delicious cream cheese frosting.
CARROT CAKE COOKIES:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can 8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 5 oz. cream cheese softened
- 6 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ground cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple, carrots and raisins. Stir in dry ingredients. Mix in walnuts if desired.
- Using a cookie scoop/ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms being to brown. Allow cookies cook before frosting.
Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
Mix softened butter and cream cheese on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Increase to high-speed and beat for 3 minutes. Frost cookies.