This fruity, fresh coleslaw goes beautifully with pork, or it’s great as part of a buffet. Loved this dish, the coleslaw was excellent, will definitely make this again. Its a nice fresh taste. Made an autumnal version of this by making fennel and apple gratin rather than slaw – absolute heaven.
- 4 pork chops, trimmed of fat
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 red apple, cored and sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise and 1 tbsp natural yogurt, mixed together
- 50g chopped walnut
- Rub the pork with the lemon zest and fennel seeds, then heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Brown the chops for 3 mins on each side, then remove from the heat. Splash over half the lemon juice, season, then leave to rest while you make the salad.
- Mix together the sliced fennel, apple, onion, mayo mix and nuts. Season with black pepper and squeeze in the remaining lemon juice to taste. Serve the pork with the pan juices spooned over, and the fennel slaw on the side. Great with jacket potatoes.