Moist Light and fluffy eggless vanilla cupcakes that can easily be made into a cake . Perfect for any occasion . Enjoy it with or without frosting. This easy eggless vanilla cake cupcakes recipe no condensed milk no butter is the best Eggless Vanilla Cake / Cupcakes recipe ever!!!If you like your cuppies moist , light and fluffy as a cotton ball then this recipe is for you .
- 1 cup plus 5 tablespoon all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 tablespoon cornflour /corn starch sifted
- 1 cup thick yogurt/curd not buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sugar i have used raw sugar use any granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder i.e 1 teaspoon plus a pinch of baking powder
- ⅓ cup flavorless oil neutral cooking oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or add according to your taste
- 3-4 tablespoon water add only if the batter is too thick – as thickness of yogurt varies for everyone
- Preheat oven to 180C /350 f for 15 minutes.
- Line standard or mini cupcake pan or 8″ cake tin
- Cream the sugar and yogurt until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add vegetable oil and vanilla extract and whip well until oil is emulsified.
- In another bowl sift all dry ingredients and give it a quick mix.Now, slowly add sifted flour fold into the wet ingredients.
Fold the dry ingredients in the wet ones with a spatula or whip it with a hand blender / stand mixer until lump free and smooth.
- Do not over mix.Add water if needed. Batter should be medium consistency.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C /350 f for 15-18 minutes for standard size cupcakes or till a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out with fewer crumbs not batter.
- My cupcakes were done in exact 15 minutes 30 seconds.
- Take it out of the oven and then it . Transfer onto cooling rack after 10 mins.
- For cake- bake 35-40 mins and toothpick test .
- For mini cupcakes 10-12 mins baking time
Possible substitutes –
Melted butter can be used in place of oil – just skip salt
Instead of apf and white corn flour together you can use 1 1/2 cup cake flour
You can substitute the apf and corn flour with wheat flour – 1 1/4 cup in total – of course there will be a variation in texture but tastes great – good options to make for your kids.
If you don’t have corn flour ( cornstarch) , you can skip it and use 1 1/2 cups of apf/ maida.
Important tips to make the best eggless vanilla cake & cupcakes
- Use blender with whipping attachment and not the beater attachment.
- Doesn’t matter if its a hand held or a stand mixer – both will give you same results.
- All ingredients have to be at room temperature or not too cold including yogurt /curd.
- Sift the flour from a height – results into fluffy bakesMix dry ingredients well before incorporating in the wet ones.
- Act quickly once the batter is mixed because the leavening agents start reacting as soon as they come in contact with something acidic – here its yogurt.
- Pre-heat your oven at least for 15 mins Do not over mix the batter -after putting dry ingredients to the wet ones whip until the batter is lump-free – for me its less than 30 secs.
- Do not over bake – it dries out the baked goods.
- You can even add almond flavoring or some lemon or orange zest.
- Please do not open your oven to check standard size cupcakes before 15 mins mark .
- Keep checking after every minute later by inserting toothpick in the center most cupcake.