I didn’t bother with glazing the carrots, this was the nicest pork chop recipe I’ve made. I expected the cumin to be quite strong but the overall effect was great. I only used half the amount of lemon juice and I chose accacia runny honey. The chops were really juicy and had a lovely subtle flavour which you couldn’t pinpoint. Quick and easy to make, just make sure you buy good quality outdoor bread pork chops and char the fat well.
Easy Cumin Pork Chops With Honey Carrots Recipe
Flavour your meat with earthy cumin and serve with sweet Chantenay or baby carrots and natural yogurt.
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin seed, lightly crushed
- 2 pork chops (about 450g)
- 140g Chantenay or baby carrot
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- natural yogurt, to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk together half the oil, half the honey, the lemon zest and juice, and the cumin seeds. Add the pork chops and ensure they are well coated. Heat a large frying pan and add the chops along with the glaze. Cook for 5-7 mins on each side, basting with the glaze every so often. Remove from the pan, wrap in foil and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, boil the carrots until just tender, about 10 mins. Mix together the remaining oil and honey, the cinnamon and some seasoning. Add this to the pan you’ve just cooked the pork in, along with the carrots. Toss to coat, heat through, then serve the carrots alongside the chops with a dollop of natural yogurt.