We all loved this, easy to make and absolutely delicious. I made a sauce out of frozen berries, sugar and a little cherry brandy, it turned out really nice. A traditional, easy and delicious Italian pud. I had a difficult time finding a good and easy recipe on the internet, so I made up my own recipe. It tastes just like the panna cotta served in Italy. This keeps well for several days in the refrigerator.
- 5 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 1 (7g) sachet unflavoured gelatine
- 600ml double cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Prep:5min › Cook:10min › Extra time:3hr20min › Ready in:3hr35min
- Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatine powder. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, stir together the cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan. Pour the gelatine and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour into six individual ramekins.
- Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover with cling film, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before serving.