These no-bake Chocolate Covered Frozen Key Lime Pie Bites start with Athens pre-made, recipe-ready Mini Fillo Shells as the base. The shells are crisp and flaky and come in little plastic trays so the shells don’t get crushed or broken.
PREP TIME 1 hour
ADDITIONAL TIME 1 hour
TOTAL TIME 2 hours
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice*
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated key lime zest
- 12 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Whipped cream, limed wedges, lime zest for decorating, optional
- Place Fillo shells on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice until smooth. Stir in sour cream and lime zest. Divide the mixture evenly among the 30 Mini Fillo Shells. Put baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave safe dish, heat chocolate and shortening on 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30-second intervals on 50% power until melted and smooth.
- Hold a Key Lime Pie Bite over the bowl of melted chocolate and use a spoon to pour chocolate over the top allowing excess chocolate to drip back in to the bowl. When the top and sides are covered with chocolate, place back on the baking sheet.
- Freeze bites for at least 1 hour more before serving.
- Serve topped with a swirl of whipped cream and a lime wedge or finely grated lime zest, optional.