Protein packed pork and potato one pot supper – cheap and perfect for students. I cooked the potatoes with some garlic cloves and white wine the whole house smelled divine! Used soft cheese instead so the sauce became too runny and it didn’t stay on the pork but was delicious.
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- splash of cider, wine, water or stock
- 2 tbsp oil, olive if you’ve got it
- 4 pork chops, (about 175g/6oz each)
- 100g hard cheese, grated (we used cheddar)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 230C/fan 210C/gas 8. In a large bowl toss the potatoes, onion, liquid and oil together. Season if you like. Tip the onion and potatoes into a large sauté pan and bake for 20-30 mins until the potatoes start to brown. Lay the chops on the potatoes and cook for 10 mins more.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix the cheese, mustard and milk together. When the chops have had 10 mins, spread the cheese mixture over them and switch the oven over to grill. Place the pan under the grill and cook for about 5 mins until the cheese is bubbling and the potatoes are golden and crispy. Serve straight from the pan.