This is a delicious pork chops. Tasty and yummmy. You can substitute 8 oz (250 g) fresh pineapple for the canned pineapple. Double the ground red pepper if you typically like your foods with a little more heat.
- 1 can (8 oz or 398 mL) sliced pineapple, undrained (about 4 slices with juice)
- 31/2 tbsp (52 mL) Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 3 lbs/1.4 kg)
- 11/2 pounds peeled sweet potatoes (2-3 medium), unpeeled
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- Using Can Strainer, drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) juice for marinade. Combine reserved juice and 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the rub in (2-cup/500 mL) Prep Bowl. Press in garlic with Garlic Press.
- Place roast and juice mixture in resealable plastic food storage bag. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut sweet potatoes into 2-in. (5-cm) slices; cut slices into quarters. Cut each onion into 8 wedges and pineapple rings into quarters with Utility Knife.
- Remove roast from marinade and place in Rectangular Baker. Discard marinade. In Large Glass Mixing Bowl, combine pineapple, vegetables, oil and remaining 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) rub. Gently mix with Mix ‘N Scraper®. Place vegetables and pinepple around roast. Cover with (16×11-in./40×28-cm) Easy Fit Silicone Cover. Bake 1 hour.
- Using Sliicone Oven Mitts, carefully remove Silicone Cover by tab, lifting away from you. Continue baking 15-30 minutes longer or until Pocket Thermometer registers 155°F for medium doneness.
- Remove baker from oven and let roast stand 10 minutes before carving. Cut into thin slices with Chef’s Knife. Serve immediately with vegetables and pinapple.