The classic ice box cake is a simple yet delicious combination of cookies and whipped cream. Our family goes crazy for banana cream pie so a banana cream icebox cake was a must! It’s just as delicious but even easier to make!
- 2 Packages Graham Crackers
- 3-4 Large Bananas sliced
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 3.4 Oz Box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- ½ of a 14 oz can Can of Sweetened Condensed milk
- 2 1/2 Cups Freshly Whipped Cream
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding and milk and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, and then add the sweetened condensed milk and beat again until smooth.
- Add the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped cream to the bowl, and gently fold it into everything.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and fold until completely combined.
- Adding a little at a time is keeping it lighter vs just whipping it all together.
- Lay a couple of graham crackers in an even layer at the bottom of a 9×13″ dish.
- Cover with banana slices and a couple scoops of filling.
- Repeat layers until all of the filling is used, ending with filling on top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving, up to 1 day.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This is cream that has already been whipped into soft peaks. To get 2 1/2 cups you’ll need 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, a 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form, add the powdered sugar and whip again until combined.