The perfect way to end a busy day, just 20 minutes. This is a family favourite with mashed potato and broccoli. I love the flavours of the balsamic, basil and olives. Very juicy piece of meat uhm we’ll definitely make it again. Uh the only problem is that four minutes per side is definitely too much if your pan is truly very hot. I’d go for just 3 minutes per side in the future. We omitted the basil but it wasn’t really a problem, very tasty indeed.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 2 handfuls green olives, pitted and halved
- large handful basil, chopped
- Mix the oil with vinegar, mustard and garlic. Score the meat on both sides, season, then put into a dish. Pour over the balsamic mixture and leave to marinate for 5 mins.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Lift the pork from the marinade, scraping off any garlic, then cook for 4 mins on each side. Remove the meat and keep warm. Pour the marinade into the pan with the olives, cook for 2 mins, then stir in the basil. Pour any juices from the pork into the pan, drizzle the sauce over the pork and serve with pasta.