A weeknight supper that’s full of colour and spice and all things nice, and ready in just 20 minutes. This recipe was delicious. The combination of flavours was fantastic. I followed the recipe to the T except for the lemon grass paste which I did not have but I used finely chopped lemon grass stalk instead. I will definately be making this dish again. So good !
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste (we used Bart’s)
- 1 tsp finely-grated fresh root ginger
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 pork chops
For the salad
- 200g thin rice noodle
- zest and juice 1 lime
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- ½ cucumber
- handful chopped mint leaves
- Mix together the lemongrass paste, ginger, chilli, oil and 1 tbsp of the fish sauce. Smear the mixture all over the pork chops, then set aside to marinate while you make the salad.
- Tip the noodles into a large bowl. Pour over a kettleful of boiling water, then leave to sit for 5 mins until the noodles are soft (or prepare them according to pack instructions). Drain the noodles into a sieve. Run under the cold tap until cool, then drain again and tip back into the bowl. Whisk the remaining 2 tbsp fish sauce with the lime zest and juice and sugar. Pour over the cold noodles. Slice the cucumber into thin strips, then toss through the salad along with the mint leaves.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Griddle the chops for 5 mins on each side or until cooked through, then serve alongside the noodle salad.