Do you want to cook? Try this Copycat Chick-fil-A Turkey Nuggets Recipe.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Turkey Nuggets Recipe
This recipe captures everything I love about joints like Chick-fil-A: comfort food that’s easy to make and full of flavor. I marinate the wild turkey nuggets in pickle juice before frying, then dip them in a copycat Chick-fil-A sauce. This dish will have every deer across the county saying, “EAT-MOR-GOBBLERS.”
- Whisk the honey, yellow mustard, barbecue sauce, and mayonnaise together in a small bowl until combined. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Season the turkey chunks with salt and pepper and place inside of a bowl or sealable bag with pickle juice. Marinate the turkey for at least an hour and up to 24.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat oil in a deep fryer or a large cast iron skillet to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and pour into the bowl with the turkey and pickle juice. Stir to combine.
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, powdered sugar, paprika, and kosher salt together. Spread across a plate.
- Remove the turkey from the bowl and squeeze out the excess liquid. Dredge each nugget across the breadcrumb to coat.
- When the oil is hot, carefully drop in each piece and fry until golden brown, or about 3-5 minutes depending on nugget size. Work in batches as needed and transfer to a wire rack when cooked. Serve hot with the Chik-fil-A sauce.
Time to make
2 lbs. of turkey breast, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 cup pickle juice
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup milk
1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 ½ tbsp. powdered sugar
2 tsp. paprika
2 ½ tbsp. kosher salt
Vegetable or peanut oil for frying
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp. yellow mustard
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
3/4 cup mayonnaise
Also works with
Any game bird, halibut, catfish
Fryer or large cast iron skillet