I’m a huge taste of home fan but this one missed the mark for me. I followed the recipe. They did not run during baking although the batter seemed very thin. The finished cookies literally tasted like coconut and flour. These chewy cookies are my husband’s favorites, so he requests them often. I like to make the macaroons on cold winter days and keep them in an airtight bowl on the kitchen counter. They never last long!
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a bowl, toss the coconut, flour and salt. Stir in milk and extract until blended (mixture will be thick and sticky).
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° just until golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
1 cookie: 83 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.