Awesome dessert. Familiar yet unique. I followed the recipe like directions on a test and it turned out well, though the brownie portion was a little Too fudgy for my boyfriend who compared them, with displeasure, to a protein bar. I do think the lower layer was a little distracting.
Blackberry cheesecake brownies that will have everyone begging for seconds. A rich brownie base, tangy cheesecake and sweet blackberry swirl!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Additional Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Servings: 9 large brownies
For the brownies
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the blackberry puree
- 6 oz fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For the cheesecake
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook blackberry puree by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Use a whisk or spoon to help break down the blackberries.
- Once cooked, place a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl and, using a spatula, squeeze through all of the liquid and dispose of the solids.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Once combined, fold in cocoa powder and flour.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Combine all cheesecake ingredients in a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Cream for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Pour over brownie batter, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Drizzle the blackberry puree on top of the cheesecake in dollops and swirl using a fork, knife, or toothpick.
- Try to swirl only into the cheesecake batter, not the brownie batter.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the cheesecake begins to turn golden and a knife inserted in the center of the brownies comes out mostly clean.
- Place in fridge and allow to cool for at least 2 hours but up to overnight.
- Cut into 9 large squares.
- Store brownies in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.