My family loved each and every layer of these luscious bars. Nilla Wafers, Cream Cheese, Bananas, Pudding, Whipped Topping and Caramel are all combined into one delicious dessert. If you want to try something a little different this year, try serving these bars instead of pie.
How To Make Banana Cream Pie Bars
A simplified version of Banana Cream Pie made into bars with a no-bake crust and topped with layers of luscious ingredients.
- 45 Nilla Wafers finely crushed (around 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter melted
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 large bananas sliced
- 2 3.4 oz. pkgs. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 c. cold milk
- caramel ice cream topping
- Combine wafer crumbs and melted butter and toss until crumbs are coated in butter. Press crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Refrigerate until ready to use. Refrigerating the crust hardens it and helps it stick together.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping. Spread evenly over chilled crust. Top with sliced bananas. Next, beat pudding mixes and milk for two minutes until slightly thickened. Spread over bananas. Top with remaining whipped topping and carefully spread out evenly.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before slicing. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving. Note: For easy removal, line baking pan with parchment paper before pressing in the crust, with a slight overhang, so you can lift the bars out of the pan for cutting and serving.