These soft banana cookies have a cakelike texture and lots of flavor that everyone seem to love. It’s one of the best banana cookie recipes I’ve found. These are good! I doubled the recipe, since I had three aging bananas to use up. Around two and a half bananas made up a cup. I was short butter by around a tablespoon. It did not matter. I used the large Pampered Chef cookie scoop. I got 41 good-sized cookies.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Using 1/2 cup mashed banana in the cookies instead of starting with more butter saves about 1-1/2g saturated fat per cookie.
1 cookie: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.