It is a nightmare to know that your loved ones have lice. Well, lice are the tiny parasites and they are more than just to feed on your blood. Eventually, they are annoying because it makes head itchy. The nightmare is unstoppable because they keep reproducing and they can spread to others. Therefore, removing lice takes an immediate action. It is important to get the situation under your control quickly. Nevertheless, you should not rush out. You need to start dosing yourself with some powerful chemical concoctions.
Use these 10 home remedies as well as lice comb to arm yourself and remove lice naturally. You can use these ingredients at home and check out the result.
The intense smell of garlic will suffocate the lice.
Here’s how to do it:
- Grind up 8–10 cloves of garlic into a paste and mix with 3 TBS of lime juice
- Work this foul smelling mixture through your hair and leave for 30 mins
- Rinse thoroughly and repeat twice per week
2. Baby Oil
You can use baby oil as the alternative to remove head lice naturally.
- Apply baby oil to hair and comb through to remove the majority
- Wash your hair with a (very) mild soap detergent
- Run white vinegar through your hair, cover with shower cap and leave overnight
- This de-licing method can be repeated as much as 4–5 days per week if you need to!
3. Olive Oil
Well, who says that olive oil is only for cooking? In fact, you can even use it to choke head lice!
- Apply olive oil (virgin or otherwise) generously to your head before sleeping
- Cover with a towel or shower cap whilst you sleep
- Comb hair thoroughly in the morning and wash out with tea tree oil shampoo
- This treatment can be highly effective at just 1–2 times per week!
Try salt as the deadly weapon to handle lice.
- Great a 1:1 mixture of salt and vinegar
- Moderately wet your hair using the solution
- Wear a shower cap for 2–3 hours and wash your hair as normal
- Repeating this process every 3 days will yield great results.
5. Petroleum Jelly
There are many benefits of petroleum jelly. One of them is as a lice terminator!
- Liberally apply petroleum jelly to your hair before going to sleep
- Wrap your head with a towel or shower cap overnight
- Use baby oil to help shift the jelly from your hair
- Comb through to shift the lice
- Performing this routine 3 nights in a row for maximum effect.
6. Tree Tea Oil
Use tea tree oil as the homemade remedy to deal with health problems. Eventually, you can use it as the powerful insecticide. This is great to hit lice naturally.
- Take 1 TBS of tea tree oil, mix with 1oz shampoo and 3 TPS coconut/olive oil
- Work the mixture into your hair and cover with cap for up to 1 hour
- Rinse your hair using hot water then comb through to remove lice
- This may be repeated daily, but don’t apply tea tree oil directly to your head!
7. Coconut Oil
We all know that coconut oil is healthy oil for cooking. It is also a perfectly natural source to moisturize your skin and hair. In addition, you can use it to deal with lice outbreaks.
- Wash your hair using diluted apple cider vinegar
- Once your hair has dried, fully coat the scalp and hair with coconut oil
- Wear a shower cap or towel overnight
- Comb your hair thoroughly in the morning and wash as normal
- Performing this routine every night for a week should do the trick. However, adding anise oil to the coconut oil will boost the lice kicking power!
8. White Vinegar
White vinegar, otherwise known as acetic acid, is easily available, inexpensive and a potent lice killer!
- Mix white vinegar and water at an equal 1:1 ratio
- Fully wet your hair and scalp with the acidic solution
- Cover your head with a towel or cap for up to 2 hours
- Comb through your hair thoroughly, dipping your comb in white vinegar
- Shampoo as normal
- This lice armageddon can be repeated a couple of times in a row for maximum effect.
9. Sesame Seed Oil
Sesame feed is naturally antifungal, antibacterial and a potent insecticide. It’s a formidable weapon in the war against lice.
- Mix 1/4 cup of sesame seed oil, 1/8 cup neem oil, 1 TPS tea tree, 1/2 TPS rosemary, and eucalyptus oil and 1 TPS lavender oil
- Wash your hair thoroughly with apple cider vinegar and dry
- Liberally apply the oil solution to your head and hair
- Cover with a towel or shower cap overnight
- Comb thoroughly to remove dead lice and wash as normal
- Apply this lice-choking essential oil solution daily for one week to win the war!
Yes, you read this one correctly. The popular condiment Mayonnaise can drown out the lice population within a week!
- Thoroughly coat your scalp and hair with full-fat mayonnaise
- Using a shower cap or towel, cover your head and leave overnight
- Shampoo as normal and comb out the dead lice in the morning
It is worth for you to try these 10 powerful weapons to remove lice!