Accumulation of dead skin cells, friction, extensive exposure to sun, or a hormonal imbalance can become the cause of dark knees and elbows. These parts of our body don’t contain any oil glands and it’s important to protect them from dryness through proper care and hygiene.
We present 10 easy yet super effective techniques to help you nourish your skin and remove dark patches.
Due to its bleaching properties, cucumber is among the most effective ways to get rid of dark knees and elbows. It removes dead skin cells and keeps your skin moisturized. Vitamins A and C that are present in cucumbers keep the skin beautiful and fresh.
- Gently rub thick slices of cucumber over your elbows and knees for 15 minutes.
- Leave it on for another 5 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
You can also mix equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your knees, elbows, and also underarms. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse it off. Do this on a daily basis.
9. Lemon and baking soda
Lemon is an excellent skin lightening ingredient. It’s packed with antioxidants and vitamin C which promote skin regeneration and improve skin complexion. Baking soda acts as a gentle and effective cleanser for whitening dark areas of skin.
- Take a lemon and cut it into 2 halves.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of baking soda on top of the lemon.
- Rub your elbows and knees for 1 minute.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
Repeat once every 2 days for a desired effect.